The Rievtech xMessenger Wifi, Ethernet and GSM range of mini programmable logic controllers offer the flexibility to perform almost any logical process with the added benefit of various communications methods.
This makes the xMessenger a highly versatile tool that is able to keep the system operator up to date with changes that are occurring in system operation and performance.
Some specifications and features
- Inputs – 4 analogue inputs (which can also be used as digital) and 4 digital inputs (8 in total).
- Outputs – 4 relays outputs on some models with 2 relays and 2 transistor type outputs on other models
- Additional expansion modules can be added to the main CPU if larger I/O capacity is required.
- A built in clock (with backup during power loss).
- A HMI (keypad/display) making it possible to view status and modify value setting.
- Numerous programmable logic functions including: timers, counters, comparators, amplifiers, etc
- A simple programming method that uses a PC software application and function diagram blocks programming language.
Some typical irrigation related applications
- Tank level control with automatic pump start for refill using an analogue sensor (such as a diver in the tank) allowing the user to set the trigger levels. GSM connectivity provides feedback to the operator using text messages (SMS) on tank levels and system operational status.
- Remote pump switching using text messages to start and stop one or multiple pumps. This can even be performed using a separate module that could be monitoring a tank level and calling for remote pump start/stop depending on tank level status.
- Remote variable speed drive pressure regulation between the center of a pivot and the pump station using wifi and based on the pivot location and real time pressure needs. This provides optimal energy saving.
- More sophisticated applications such as multiple pump site monitoring and control can be performed by using a number of modules that are integrated to a central SCADA type control system using wifi or other forms of communications. We have just such a system running at the NAMPO show terrain near Bothaville, controlling a number of pumps centrally.
These are just some of the numerous applications that this flexible product can be used for.
Contact us to find out how we can assist you with your specific application needs.
We have in-house programmers and system integrator s that are ready to help with your requirements.